Tuesday, August 3, 2010

T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents

So I've been spending a lot of time drawing fan art for a Wally Wood comic from the 1960's. It's called T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents and it is the best superhero comic ever.

Dynamo!

The T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents are my favorite superheroes. T.H.U.N.D.E.R. stands for The Higher United Nations Defense Enforcement Reserves.

Len Brown, aka Dynamo, is advertised at “the mightiest T.H.U.N.D.E.R. agent of them all,” but he is neither their most intelligent or capable. T.H.U.N.D.E.R. will often use him as bait without his knowledge, or bomb an entire area assuming his belt will keep him alive. He isn't a happy man. His coworkers don't take him seriously. His on and off fiance, Alice, tends to find him with other women. His mother forgets his birthday. I seriously love Dynamo.

The guy talking to Dynamo is a T.H.U.N.D.E.R. agent named Weed. He is always smoking something and seems to be the most capable agent. He doesn't have any powers, but he doesn't have any real personal issues either. Most of the T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents with powers tend to be emotionally compromised. Weed is always calm, cool, and collected.

I really love these comics.

Dynamo

A lot of Dynamo stories read like Inkdick . . .
Just leave me alone!
Art from T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents number 4 published by Tower Comics.

When it comes to comics, penciling is my strongest talent. My inking and coloring could use a lot of improvement. These drawings were a chance to work on both. My room-mate Falynn lent me one of her brushes and it did me a world of good, but I've still got a long way to go.

1 comment: